Patient and Family Advisory Committee
The VPCC Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC) is led by Prof Tracey Danaher, Naama Neeman, A/Prof Maria McCarthy, Prof Ron Firestein, Prof David Eisenstat, Eliza Metcalfe, and patient and family advisors. Meetings are held bi-monthly.
The VPCC PFAC are advisors to VPCC research, drawing on their personal experience of childhood cancer to make recommendations and support the VPCC clinical research programs.
Learn more about some of the members of the VPCC PFAC and their connections to childhood cancer.
The goals of the VPCC PFAC are to:
- incorporate the perspectives of patients and families directly into the planning, delivery, and evaluation of the VPCC clinical programs
- provide support to clinical programs: input on study design, patient recruitment, patient experience, data collection, feedback, and insights
- provide advice on communicating programs’ outputs to the general community
Members of the VPCC PFAC include:
- childhood cancer patients and/or caregivers receiving care at Monash Children’s Hospital (MCH) and/or The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH)
- caregivers of children who passed away from childhood cancer and were previously treated at MCH and/or the RCH
- survivors of childhood cancer who were treated at MCH and/or the RCH, and senior members of the VPCC.
If you’re interested in the VPCC PFAC, email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation.